Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full-time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k plan
Start Date: January 2024
Location: Los Angeles/Burbank Area
Description of Opportunity
NICE CROWD, formerly ABFF Ventures, is a Los Angeles based entertainment company in the live events arena. The organization develops and produces properties in the arts, entertainment, lifestyle, and wellness industries that showcase BIPOC culture and talent. Its tentpole event is the American Black Festival founded in 1997.
We are seeking a highly experienced, professionally savvy and hands-on executive to lead the Company in curating and executing its portfolio of festivals, award ceremonies and other live experiences. In addition, the role will include identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to grow the global footprint of the Company’s brands.
- Planning & Activation:
- Oversee the execution of the current portfolio of events ensuring they are engaging, entertaining, and meet the Company’s business objectives.
- Work with leadership to develop new event properties across various domains, including film and television, comedy, food, wellness, and fine arts. Identify themes, trends, and potential collaborations that align with the Company’s mission and values.
- Develop and manage event budgets, efficiently allocating resources to maximize impact and profitability.
- When required, source, negotiate agreements and secure external vendors and agencies for various event needs, such as public relations production services, marketing and social media.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and surveys to gather feedback and identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with the internal teams including, sponsorship, marketing public relations, event operations and other Company affiliations to ensure seamless execution of the Company’s obligations under all its sponsorship contracts.
- Curate content to be presented at events including but not limited to films, panel discussion, master classes, networking activities, artists showcases, live performances and culinary experiences. Author event schedules and program materials (i.e. run of shows, scripts etc.).
- Oversee festival selection committees, juries and any collaborative programming with external partnerships.
- Negotiate and book talent, social influencers, filmmakers, and other subject matter experts to participate in Company events.
- Oversee the digital and online presence of events, including websites, and apps.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitor activities to ensure a cutting-edge and culturally relevant programming lineup.
- Strategic Partnerships:
- Develop a partnerships strategy for each property to maximize awareness, enhance market presence and consumer engagement.
- Foster collaborations with relevant industry influencers, organizations, and media outlets to expand the company’s network and reach.
- Explore partnerships with tourism organizations in domestic and international markets.
- Identify and cultivate licensing opportunities of the content from the Company’s live events.
Work closely with the internal teams including, sponsorship, marketing public relations, event operations and other Company affiliations to ensure seamless execution of the Company’s obligations under all its sponsorship contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Film Production, Communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in programming and curating live events and festivals across multiple disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of the film and television industry, comedy, culinary arts, and fine arts.
- Strong network of industry contacts and relationships with talent, filmmakers, artists, and comedians.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to travel, work weekends and irregular hours during peak event periods.
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the experience, drive and expertise to contribute to the success of our Company, we encourage you to apply and join us in delivering unparalleled live experiences to our audiences.
Please email your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to: [email protected].
NICE CROWD is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.